Saturday 3 January 2009

New year in Budapest


Ha. Our amazing trip to Eastern Europe couldn't have been better. We went to Prague, Bratislava and spent news year Eve in Budapest. I will post about Prague and Brastilava later, as for now I'll just write about our last 3 days.

We stayed in a very good hostel called Corvin Point (M3 blue metro line station: feren korut - for those who might like to know..), very central and clean (it even had those air fresheners in the toilet so it was never smelly haha), about three bathrooms, free breakfast, etc. The only bad side about it was the italians roommates who were farting all night long...but anyway. It was something I had to put up with. haha. We went round the city to places like Heroes Square, Chain Bridge... Very beautiful city. Very cold though. At new year day we got temperatures like -6, -8. About ten o clock we were at a square called Vorosmarti ter. There were plenty things to see as there were loads of stalls selling masks, cheap bad tasting champagne (which we bought ehhe) etc etc. The atmosphere was great as everybody was happy and ready to celebrate. People couldnt stop with the fireworks, it was great.

I and my friend Marmota started drinking about 23:00... Dont know what happened to me but I was drunk at 00:00 and wishing everybody a happy new year. I took loads pictures of strangers, so if u're one of them, please let me know!

Strangers

Brazilians

Japanese
Greek
STRANGERS SECTION BELOW!



The funny italians


The midnight fireworks at the Danube river were a bit disappointing. We were expecting something much more amazing. Anyway, at least the people there were great! We had some people from Croatia making a funny dance at some point, then we met some brazilians singing out loud (like we always do hahaha), and as I said, I was drunk so I went on talking to people I didnt't know. I spoke to so many different people from all over, people from Ukrane, Poland, France, Germany, Italy and so on.

In the following day we just wanted to relax so we couldnt go for anythig better than a Thermal Bath. It was very crowded when we got to Széchenyi Bath, but waiting in the queue was worth it. We relaxed in the swimming pools of 36C, 38C...

On the last day we only had a walk around and bought loads of souvenirs uhuhhu. Too bad as my bag is still lost somewhere in the airport with everything inside !! eheheh

I also brought home the hostel's key. But already posted it back! So no more worries from this holiday. Only my bag...and tracing continues...

1 comment:

  1. Hiya, loved you text!!! Sounds like a really great trip! I would love to go to Prague someday. Keep us posted! When is the next trip??? xxxx

    ReplyDelete